Release date: 12/20/2016
AgCarolina Farm Credit announces over $33,000 in grants have been extended to twelve organizations through their corporate-giving program, the Fund for Rural North Carolina.
Raleigh, NC - AgCarolina Farm Credit announces over $33,000 in grants have been extended to twelve organizations through their corporate-giving program, the Fund for Rural North Carolina. The grants will aid recipients in carrying out programs specifically benefiting farmers and rural residents in eastern North Carolina.
Grants up to $5,000 per organization were awarded at a reception held at Rose Hill Plantation in Nashville, NC in one of the four focus areas of Education, Environment, Technology, or Quality of Rural Life to the following organizations:
· Albemarle Area 4-H Livestock – Funds for 10 swine pens for more space for exhibitors and livestock.
· Beaufort Soil and Water Conservation District – Funds for Enviroscape wetlands point/non-point model for students to have interactive learning experience.
· Common Ground of Eastern North Carolina, Inc. – “Neu-bees” project to teach Kinston youth about entrepreneurship and small business development.
· Dream Hunt & Fish Program – Materials for the Wildlife Education Trailer and the hunting and fishing trips for needy children.
· Gates County 4-H Shooting Club – Products and materials to grow the club and implement a STEM curriculum.
· Johnston County 4-H – Funds for youth to attend 4-H camp more affordably.
· Martin County 4-H – Funds to host a field trip for Martin County 2nd graders to learn more about agriculture and farm safety.
· Pitt County FFA Alumni – Assist qualified FFA members to attend FFA Convention and FFA Center in White Lake.
· Richlands High School Agriculture Department & FFA – Funds to complete livestock barn for ag students on campus to expose them to livestock industry.
· Spring Creek High School Agriculture Education – Purchase equipment for ag mechanics program for students to have real-world training and experience.
· Wake County 4-H – Purchase incubators and brooder warmers for 4-H Embryology.
· Wilson County 4-H – Funds for incubators, warmers, and equipment for 4-H embryology program.
Association CEO Dave Corum states, “The Fund for Rural North Carolina has awarded over $345,000 to benefit the rural and agricultural communities of the AgCarolina Farm Credit service area since 2005. AgCarolina is committed to partnering with organizations to enhance the quality of life and opportunities for rural residents of eastern North Carolina.”
AgCarolina Farm Credit is a farmer owned financial cooperative with headquarters in Raleigh. They are the leading provider of credit to farmers in central and eastern North Carolina. AgCarolina Farm Credit has over $1.4 billion in loans and commitments outstanding to nearly 3,000 North Carolina farmers. Loans are made to finance land, homes, farm buildings, operating expenses, livestock and equipment, as well as other purposes. Credit life insurance, crop insurance, appraisal services, and leasing are also available through AgCarolina Farm Credit.